For businesses and organizations to succeed today, they need two things: high-performing teams and a corporate culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. Both goals support the innovation you need to stay competitive, attract and retain the best talent.
Dahlia Walker-Huntington works with clients across different industries including law firms,to build diverse teams and create an equitable environment that promotes belonging. She addresses recruitment, unconscious bias, retention, organizational culture and proposes structural approaches for ongoing improvement to attain the stated goals.
As a D&I Consultant, Dahlia does an assessment, qualitative analysis & offers real worldsolutions and training that will help you not only attractqualified employees to meet your diversity goal;but also create an equitable environment to meet your inclusion objective.
Why is Diversity and Inclusion so Important?
Employers who respect the unique perspectives and potential of all team members earn deeper trust and commitment from their employees. This dedication makes it possible to outpace competitors and enjoy the reputation of being a desirable place to build a career.
An attorney and community activist with over 23 years of experience, Dahlia is dedicated to helping businesses and organizations benefit from positive change. Starting in law school, she advocated for the rights of immigrants, women, and people of color by highlighting their needs, emphasizing their achievements, and forming inclusive partnerships. Today, she shows businesses and organizations how to improve their internal structures and emphasize accountability.
Her credentials include:
- Diversity & Inclusion Certificate from Cornell University.
- Regular columnist and Op-Ed writer on issues of immigration, race, and gender.
- Former Advisor to the Jamaican government on Diaspora affairs in the United States.
- Co-chair of the Jamaica’s People’s National Party (opposition party) International and Diaspora Affairs Commission.
- Membership in several organizations, including the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association – South Florida Chapter, where she is the vice-chair of the Congressional committee and the former vice chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
As your diversity and inclusion consultant, she will assist you in the following areas:
- Recruitment: Reimagine recruiting to find qualified, diverse talent.
- Assessment & Analysis: Deep dive into current organizational culture, identify challengesand propose solutions.
- Strategic Development: Identify diverse talent with leadership capability and build inclusive pathways to management.
Dahlia is a highly sought-after national speaker on immigrants’ rights and race and gender equality. As an immigrant and a woman of color, she brings a unique perspective to the subject of diversity and inclusion and can always be counted on to be a candid presenter, a strategic planner and an innovative problem solver.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your needs, please contact her today.